Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Curse You, Foul Conscience!

Yesterday evening I waltzed* into a standing-room only bedroom . Cameron and Kenner were lying on the floor drawing pictures, and Ally and Cindy were lying on the bed watching TV (Cindy has been having some back woes...).
In my hand I had brought something to cheer Cindy up. Kenner looked up and saw that it was a pack of cookies.

'OOOH,' she said, 'What do you have there, my dearest, favoritest Daddy?'

That caused Cameron and Ally to go on point.

'Oh,' I casually replied, 'Just some Girl Scout cookies that....' [insert insanely evil chortle here] '....are chock-full of COCONUT! Oh yeah, baby! COCONUT SAMOA's!'

(Our kids HATE coconut. Teeheehee.....harharhar.....)

Ever-thinking Cameron asked, 'Did you buy any other kinds? You're supposed to buy good ones, like the peanut butter ones.'

'Bah humbug!' I kindly replied, 'Why would I buy something that kids would eat?!'
'
Looking down upon my progeny with a sense of self-satisfaction, I handed one to Cindy and then popped a delicious coconut-caramel-chocolate cookie into my mouth. [Insert 'yummy' noises here.]

Fast-forward to today.....I walk into the break room and work, and there are 2 boxes of GS cookies still left.

I bought a box.

A box of stupid chocolate-covered peanut butter Tagalong patties.

Stupid conscience!

Of course, it is a long drive home....If I averaged even one per minute, I could easily finish off the entire box....

PS: Cindy assuaged our childrens' trauma by digging up one of her chocolate stashes, this particular one consisting of Christmas-themed Nestle Crunch bars, which just happened to be in her nightstand, so she didn't even have to get off the bed.
Funny that. I didn't know about them either. Nor was I offered one. I'll have to ponder the significance of that.

*Figuratively waltzing, of course--and in retrospect I sincerely apologize for any mental pictures that this ill-chosen verb may have evoked.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I find so much joy reading your family blog! I'm always ready for a good laugh.

Thanks!
Jenn W.

Lilola said...

And I was enjoying the visual.... I bet you really waltzed but are too timid to admit it!