As part of Family Home Evening tonight Makenna taught us how to lead music for the different time signatures. She had even made a little book that showed how to do all the different times.
She had me showcase my skill at 6/8, which I did with gusto (yeah, I spent 4 years in band, so I know this stuff like....well....like the back of my hand).
Cindy delicately commented about my stunning wrist action. I can't remember exactly what she said, but it involved a word like 'festiveness' or something similar.
Then we all worked with Erin to teach her 3/4 time. Cindy took the lead, and after a couple practice waves, she began chanting the following as she exaggerated her motions on the 3-step pattern:
"KARATE CHOP! BACKHAND! FACE-SLAP!...
...Repeat!...
KARATE CHOP! BACKHAND! FACE-SLAP!"
Then, like any good mother, she tried to apply this lesson to something more applicable to our everyday lives, and so, with even more gusto, she continued with the same basic motions, chanting:
"CAMERON, ERIN, CAMERON!
CAMERON, ERIN, CAMERON."
Hmmm....maybe we could suggest this for a future version of WII FIT....Power Choristering!
Monday, March 07, 2011
You don't wanna meet this chorister in a dark alley
Posted by daddo at 9:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment