Friday, March 11, 2011

Lullaby Schullaby

I was guarding the henhouse tonight, and the kids were somewhat rowdy.

Since they couldn't decide on a movie to watch from our somewhat extensive collection, I found one of my favorites from my personal stash: "Master and Commander." (Having read Horatio Hornblower novels since the 7th grade, how could I NOT like it?!)

And Clearplay was in the vanguard, cutting out the language, etc., like a virtual Nelson.(Though Erin emitted a lot of EWWWWs when the 11-year old midshipman got his arm amputated....)

Anyway, it was a big hit, in my opinion, anyway.

Ally soon fell asleep in my arms, and then Cameron and Erin fell asleep on the couch and floor, respectively.

Kenner (who had poo-poo-ed my movie selection) came down about 50 minutes in, and she was soon yawning too.

20 minutes later I woke them up, turned the movie off, and hustled them to bed.

Well done, Jack Aubrey. Well done!

0 comments: