Today after the stake Daddy-Daughter Activity (where I learned afresh that I have no aptitude for line dancing, be it the jitterbug or Michael Jackson moves) I went home and got to work.
1. Made a new 12' x 2' raised bed for some blackberry (thornless no less! Thanks Sis!) and raspberry plants (thanks again Myla!) that we transplanted to our garden plot last fall. I'll be digging the grass out and filling it in with dirt at a later date!
2. Removed a lot of old dry reedy stalks from 'Hill Cumorah' behind our house and dumped them behind said hill. I am studying the feasibility of rototilling out a trail to the top....or at least making a small terrace in a somewhat flat section.
3. Rototilled the entire garden--we are planning to plant some spinach later this week.
4. Applied lime pellets to the yard (thanks again Myla!)
I noticed that some of the strawberry transplants from my sister are sporting leaves, and that the foolhardy ('No Cameron, you can't shoot it!') rooster pheasant that comes through our yard most every evening stopped to peck around in the freshly-tilled dirt.
Anyway, is there a better way to spend a beautiful sunny (if windy) Saturday?
Addendum: Tonight I looked in the mirror, and saw that I had gotten some sun on my forehead. I mentioned it to Cindy and she chimed in, 'Yeah, and it even penetrated through your hair!'(evil smirk)
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Spring is Around the Corner
Posted by daddo at 9:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey Bro. Floyd, I'm completely converting to raised beds for my garden this year because my ground is horrible and I don't know if there is enough straw in Ohio to improve it. Nonetheless, I've tried a raised bed before but it collapsed at the corners. Do I need to use a brace or did I just join them incorrectly? Instruction please. Thank you
Post a Comment