No, Cindy wasn't carried off on one after her back collapsed.
Rather, Erin has been learning to use the backboard when making basketball shots. The past 2 years she has done pretty well relying on just dead-reckoning at the hoop, but both of her coaches on both of her teams are stressing the importance of learning to use the backboard.
I went out with her a couple days ago, and she missed about 4 shots, got mad, and stamped off. Then yesterday she and Cameron went outside and when she came back in she said she had made 30 in a row.
Tonight she only got up to 23.
It is a big confidence-builder for her.
I am also trying to get her to be a more aggressive rebounder. I have started calling her the shark in an effort to get her thinking about lunging after a rebound instead of being fairly passive.
Of course, as stubborn as she is at times, maybe I should be more specific on the shark species and call her 'Hammerhead!'
Monday, November 06, 2006
Backboards
Posted by Erin at 8:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment