Sadly, the last of the 3 original goldfish died last night. It was soon after Cindy had gone to all the trouble of changing the water and even scrubbing down the insides of the tank.
That was rather inconsiderate of 'Floatie' in my humble opinion.
As for the cause of its demise, it could be due to any of a number of factors or even a diabolical combination:
1. A change in water temperature.
2. Too much chlorine and other nasty chemicals in the city water.
3. Something that ‘fish specialists’ refer to as 'stress.' (I don’t get it—they’re almost identical to cats—all they do (and I use the word 'do' quite loosely) is lazily float around all day and eat! So where’s the stress?)
Anyway, Cindy felt kinda bad, so she and Makenna (and cute Allyson) went to the local fish pet store this morning and bought another goldfish. They named it 'Beauty.' (If it is anything like the last one in its final stages, it might be better named 'Blackening Beauty.'
And Makenna has already grown quite attached to it. In her own innocent, childlike way, she is trying to foster a closer relationship with it than she enjoyed with the first three fish.
This became apparent when she ardently asked Cindy, "Can I flush it when it dies? I didn't get to flush any of the other three!"
Thursday, November 16, 2006
No, It's Definitely not Merely 'Pining for the Fjords'
Posted by Erin at 3:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment