Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Magic 101

From what I understand, yesterday Cindy was asking Allyson the following question (it goes without saying that it was rhetorical in nature):

"Ally, is Mommy pretty?"

Ally never really deigned to respond verbally. Or via gestures. Or via a nod. Or via a big thumbs up. Nothing--Nada--Nil--Nashi.

Shortly thereafter Ally came up to her holding a princess wand (with a star on the end), and touched Cindy with it, and said, 'Make Mommy pretty! Make Mommy pretty!'

As Cindy later asked me, 'So, does she think it takes magic to make me pretty?'

Obviously another rhetorical question. (As I know so well, Cindy has yet to be hit with--or even suffer a glancing blow--from an ugly stick.

[I am working from memory here, so I am sure that Cindy will revise it later....)

***Cindy here to revise***
We were on the phone with Grandma and I was with Allyson, prompting her what to say to Grandma. She was repeating everything I said wonderfully. I thought I would try this one,
"Allyson, tell Grandma that your mommy is very pretty."

Thoughtful silence. Then, "I need my wand."

"What?" I asked.

"I need my wand," she replied

Then she hopped down and grabbed her fairy wand from off the floor and started waving it in my face saying, "I make Mommy pretty."

Ummmmmmm thanks.

****Note****
Louis watched me type up the revised edition of his post and told me to just go ahead and delete what he wrote.

"No thanks," was my reply.

I like everybody seeing how I tell him a story and he only half listens.

3 comments:

Sarah C said...

That is so funny. I think Cindy is beautiful!

nicole said...

I just have to say, Cindy isn't just pretty... she's gorgeous! By the way, I like your new background!

Mamapierce said...

That's a funny story. Kids are so funny.

When I pulled up your blog, the piece from Somewhere in Time began playing. It brought some sweet memories back to me about my dad, who passed away in 1999. Thanks for adding that song to your playlist. :o)