On Saturday August 31 we celebrated Makenna's 7th birthday. It started out a bit rocky when she came home from school Friday. She ran off the bus to the house crying when she found out the garage door was locked. You see...she had a horrible headache and felt like throwing up. Poor Kid. I was sure she had a migraine so after throwing up I sent her to the basement. It was darker down there, cooler, and she could lay on the couch and be left alone. She had taken cookies to school Friday to share with her class and I figured the sugar from that added to the 90 degree heat and horrible humidity on top of having her classroom on the third floor of their school with no air-conditioning would all make sense for having a migraine.
By the time Saturday morning rolled around it was evident that it was more than a migraine. It was a full-fledged virus... fever, throwing up and all.
By the time Saturday morning rolled around it was evident that it was more than a migraine. It was a full-fledged virus... fever, throwing up and all.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Makenna would not let it get her down though. She insisted on having her presents at 6am. I insisted on letting everybody else wake up first! I won!
She was thrilled with her gifts. 2 Webkinz, polly pockets, pj's, books, markers, sparkly body wash and lotion and of course candy.
Here she is with her cake. After she blew out the candles on the top layer Cameron said, "Nobody wants to eat that now that it has your germs all over it." He was only partially right. We removed the top layer and served from the bottom.
We Love you Makenna!



2 comments:
Wow, a 2 tier cake? Man, I need to step up my birthday cakes!
I can't believe how grown-up she looks! She's a beautiful girl. I bet you made that incredible cake Mommo... you're amazing. Happy Birhtday Mackenna!!
Post a Comment