Erin crashed her bike this evening and hurt her foot (again!)
As she was limping by to go to her room, I made suitable sympathetic and soothing noises and began to give her a reassuring goodnight hug.
She shrugged it away, and when I asked why, she retorted, 'Even your hug is sarcastic!'
What's a dad to do?
Conversely, on Sunday when I got home from church, I heard the following on the baby monitor.
Cindy: 'Ally--are you ready to get out of bed?'
Ally: 'I want daddy to get me out!'
Cindy: 'But Ally, you'll have to wait until Daddy gets home.'
Ally: 'I WANT DADDY TO GET ME OUT!'
Cindy was about ready to leave the room when I called upstairs to Ally, letting her know that her knight in shining armor had arrived to save the day.
I can't wait to see who she marries, for she has impeccable taste when it comes to the menfolk in her life.
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
New levels of sarcasm....
Posted by daddo at 9:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh, there can't be a boring moment in your home!! I just have to laugh! You are definetly one of a kind, Louis!
Post a Comment