As I ferried Kenner to a friend’s house yesterday, as I am wont to do, I started singing along with a song on the radio.
From the passenger seat I soon heard the well-worn comment, ‘Dad, I hate it when you sing.’(Even Allyson will yell out, 'Stop it!' whenever I start singing.')
Trying to find out what part of my singing didn’t appeal to her, I asked her one of those probing questions that daddies often utilize.
‘And why is that?’
With a big smile and in a conversational tone--as if she were elucidating something for the benefit of someone not quite firing on all cylinders—she replied, ‘Because you sing terrible.’
I tried another parry, ‘Oh, I don’t know. When I sing, I sing just like a pretty bird.’
Pondering this for at least 0.006 seconds, she then retorted, ‘Then birds sing terrible.’
Who can argue with that logic?
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Singing the Blues
Posted by daddo at 12:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment