Allyson has become an Internet addict. One day I had the terrible idea of showing her pictures of cute doggies on the Internet. This was fine for awhile, but soon it didn't soothe her cravings, so we progressed to harder substances----elephants, peacocks, and her new favorite, snakes!
So, whenever I am at the computer she runs over, climbs up the desk, deposits her cute little bum in my lap, and says, 'Snake!' or 'Chocklit doggie! (chocolate labradors)' etc.
It's really irritating.
So if any of you have little kids, give it a try! This is our favorite site (click on 'Galleries' for different animals).
Anyhoo, being so young, her pronunciation is less than perfect. A perfect example of this is heard when she sees a fox. She knows what it is by sight, and can say the word, but her little tongue has 'issues.' You see, she gets the 'f' just fine, but the 'o' sounds more like a 'u', and her 'x' sounds like a hard 'k'.
You do the math!
She's plumb salty in her talkin'!
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Akin to 'Pronoun Trouble'?
Posted by Erin at 7:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Thanks for the cool link. I think I'll save the "f" words for later.
Thanks for the cool link. I think I'll save the "f" words for later.
We've had the same issue with the word "truck". Somehow the "f" sound seemed to be easier to say for Spencer than the "t"! And truck was a staple of his vocubulary - being used at least 100 times or more per day when he was about 2.
Our problematic word was "ship". We should have introduced boat instead.
Loved the site! Nathan practically jumped out of my lap when we saw the dinosaurs! Thanks!
Oh, if you want to REALLY drive yourself crazy, try to find something on YouTube when she's around. C~ turned into an absolute dictator when he saw me going through "Meet the Robinsons" clips.
Post a Comment