Erin, like most girls her age, is 11. Also like most girls her age, she doesn't like math.
In fact, if you were to ask her, she would likely say something like, 'I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY WANT ME TO DO! THE TEACHER ONLY EXPLAINED IT FOR 5 MINUTES AND THEN EXPECTS US TO DO IT! I HATE MATH! MATH SUCKS!'
Naturally, this week she was invited to join the math club.
And she accepted!
You see, Erin does fine in math. With just one small caveat. Namely, she is good at math when she turns on her brain. Sadly, this is a rare thing when she is in 'homework mode.' When doing her homework, she would much rather have us explain it to her using the actual problem (this is also known as 'trying to con your parents into doing your homework for you'). We seldom acquiesce.
So anyway, getting to the point of this post, as you may have noticed Cindy has made a lot of changes and enhancements to our blog. Sadly, during this process she lost a lot of the elements and had to redo them from scratch, and then I had to play with the html code to keep the elements she had redone from scratch.
Then she found out that the links to her friends' sites weren't working. I found the problem and got them up and running. With fecund tears of gratitude (which she stoically kept in check just inside her tear ducts), she said, 'You know, I guess she gets it from me....' Puzzling over this enigmatic statement, I asked, 'Uhhh, whaddya mean?'
She replied, 'I guess Erin gets it from me. When there are problems like I had with the blog today, I would rather just have someone fix it for me rather than try to figure it out myself!'
Saturday, March 08, 2008
It finally comes out....
Posted by Erin at 7:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I like the new look!
And I do the same thing...especially when it comes to taxes or investments. My brain automatically shuts down.
I like the new look. And I do the same thing. Especially when it comes to taxes or investments. My brain automatically shuts down.
Sorry about the repeats. Please delete. :) This one too.
Yes...they tend to get both our good traits and our bad ones...sigh.
Post a Comment