Friday, March 14, 2008

Wide awake in America

There's nothing that wakes up a parent quicker to full, sharp, even searing consciousness than to have a young daughter come in at 2:43 AM and say,

"I've got a bloody nose! And I don't know what did it!"

Of course, having new carpet may facilitate this instantaneous move from inert slumber to whirling action.

UPDATE: After Cindy read this entry, she replied, "I didn't think it was a big deal at the time and I didn't even think about the new carpet, but I've never seen you jump out of bed so fast! If it had been a case of a wet bed, etc., you probably would've stayed in bed!"
I don't know what engenders this lack of confidence....
I doubt if it has anything to do with the fact that I even pulled out my MagLite and checked the girls' bedroom for drips on the carpet!

2 comments:

Shara said...

And just as bad is when a child comes into your room at 2:43 AM and just stands at your bedside starring at you, not saying anything, waiting for you to wake up! ARRGHHH!

Erin said...

That is what I used to do as a little kid!
You mean mommies don't like it?